giovedì 3 aprile 2014

Angry Penne

Today is a lazy day. The sky is grey, is not cold, but not even warm and this morning I wanted just to stay in bed. Well...actually almost every morning happens. My bed is so in love with me, it doesn't want me to leave and sometimes  I feel oblige to stay. After a morning of housekeeping and work I hadn't much desire to spend time in the kitchen and, since the weather was so grey and I was so lazy I decided that I needed some spice to improve the day. So I prepared just for myself Penne all'arrabbiata.
This is a typical recipe from the Lazio region, but to be more specific is a typical recipe of the capital of Italy: Rome.  This pasta represents in some way  the nature of romans, "caciaroni", "incazzosi", but "bboni come er pane". The word arrabbiata (angry) refers to the chilli, one of the primary ingredients of this dish. When we eat the right amount of chilli, our cheeks become all red, like when we are angry or mad.
Although this pasta is very easy to prepare, is really tasty, in particular for people who like "hot meals".
Let's see the ingredients and how proceed.

INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
400g of Penne
400g of chopped tomatoes
80g of grated pecorino romano
2 garlic cloves
1 chilli (or 2, it depends how HOT you like)
fresh parsley
salt
extra virgin olive oil

HOW TO DO IT:
Peel off and chop the garlic cloves. Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and fry until is softened. Add the chopped chilli and the chopped tomatoes (I just like chopping) and stir well. Add salt as needed and a teaspoon of sugar. Yes you have read well, this is a little secret that my mum taught me. The sugar prevents the acidity of tomatoes, so the sauce will be less acid and tastier.  After this, stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Meantime prepare a large pan with water and let it boil. When the water boil and I mean boil, you must see bubbles in the pan, add the pasta and a little handful of coarse salt. Read on the packet of the pasta guidelines to cook. Usually penne cook for 10-12 minutes (if you buy a packet of pasta that has written on it 5 minutes cooking throw it in the trash immediately and buy a new one with the right cooking guidelines) but always try one penna before to drain. Cook the pasta al dente and drain thoroughly and stir into the sauce. Sprinkle pecorino romano like rain and chopped fresh parsley (the chopping comes again) and serve. 
Penne all'arrabbiata

Enjoy!

This simple dish is perfect when you are in hurry or when you come back after a night dancing in the disco with your friends and you are suddenly hungry. ..I speak from experience.

Note: Some people use chopped onions instead of garlic and grated parmesan instead of pecorino. These people are insane, believe me, but I told you just because no accounting for taste. You are free to use it, but if you decide to do it I forbid you to read my blog again.

I am joking, please read me...use any ingredients  you want!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento